What is the Nike+ SportWatch GPS?
Combining Nike’s understanding of the athlete with the GPS expertise of TomTom, Nike+ SportWatch GPS is a game changer for runners. Nike+ SportWatch GPS powered by TomTom uses both GPS technology and the Nike+ shoe sensor to capture every step of your run. Runners can then upload their data to the nikeplus.com website, where new mapping features allow them to see their runs and find popular routes, track their goals, receive coaching tips, challenge friends, and share their progress through Facebook and Twitter.
- See or hear your distance, pace, time and calories burned
- Get detail on every run when you upload to Nike+
Get a Push
- Set goals to keep you moving
- Use Nike+ Challenges to motivate yourself and others
- Get custom training programs that help you prepare for a race, event or sport
- Receive trophies, medals and attaboys as rewards for your efforts
- Use Nike+ to stay connected with your friends and millions of runners worldwide
- Find the most popular areas to run
GPS and the Nike+ sensor combine to give you accurate info -- indoors or out -- without the wait. Using the Nike+ sensor, you can start a run without having a GPS signal. Also, if you’re running outdoors in an urban canyon or tunnel where the GPS signal is obstructed, the Nike+ sensor kicks in for seamless data tracking.
Personal Coach: Reminds you to run, stores your Nike+ run history, and remembers your PRs. Set up the type of program you want based on your experience level, event distance and how frequently you are able to run each week. Nike+ Coach will track your individual runs via graphs, allowing you to compare your times and better understand the trends in your overall performance. You’ll also get tips and advice to ensure you’re training properly.
What's in the Box
Nike+ SportWatch GPS, Nike+ Sensor, Quick-start Guide, USB Cable (for Hard-to-access USB Ports)
Stopwatch: You can start, stop, pause and mark up to 50 laps by tapping the screen. Once you are done, you can review your total time, best lap time, average lap time or individual lap times. This data is stored on your watch until you rest it and will not be uploaded to nikeplus.com.
Alarm: You can set an alarm on your watch. When the alarm is set there is a visual indication on the watch face.
Time Set: The time of day or date can be set on the watch without needing to plug it in and use Nike+ Connect.
Pace/Speed: Runners can now choose between displaying pace and displaying speed on the watch.
Laps: The sensitivity of the tap feature has been improved so that users can confidently get a tap when they want, and not when they don't.
Tracks your time, distance, pace, heart rate and calories burned. Nike+ SportWatch GPS works with the Polar Wearlink Transmitter to track your beats per minute.
Inverted Screen: The screen can be inverted to display black text on a white background for those runners that prefer it.
Favorite Metric: Runners can choose between displaying lap time or a different favorite metric when in auto or manual laps mode.
Auto-Looping Metrics: In addition to pushing the buttons to scroll through secondary metrics, runners have the option for their metrics auto-loop.
- Water resistant Nike+ SportWatch features TomTom GPS for accurate speed and distance information, indoors or out--even if the GPS signal gets interrupted
- Track your time, distance, pace or speed, beats per minute (BPM) heart rate (with optional HRM sensor sold separately by Polar), and calories burned; view your mapped route with pace data/changes in elevation on Nikeplus.com, Stopwatch feature
- Track NikeFuel on Nikeplus.com after every run; Time/Date set feature
- Rechargeable lithium polymer battery charges via USB, provides eight hours of run time with the GPS and sensor both turned on, up to 50 days of standby power
- Join challenges and connect with friends as a member of Nikeplus.com-view/share routes, find popular running areas, share activity on Facebook or Twitter